Doc # KSSC/MFG/17
WORK INSTRUCTIONS FOR BOIL TEST
Boil test is conducted on surgical instruments to check the presence of corrosion in instruments resulting due to some manufacturing process faults, OR due to some materials composition faults disturbs the layer of passivation which is applied over the surface of instruments.
We use top quality imported chemical to passivate instruments before packing in order to eliminate instruments individually from corrosion & Rust.
Normally this task is conducted on instruments at the end of manufacturing processes using the following procedure given bellow as under.
- Wash instruments very carefully in the mixture of Triclone chemical and soap namely Dustuld Water.
- Wash the baker with dustuld water.
- Full the baker with dustuld Water and put it on the steam for boiling.
- Put the instruments into the Boiling Water.
- Stay dips the instruments in the boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Bring the instruments out of water and keep them on a clean Tissue.
- Wait for 24 hours and then check the instruments that there is no any sign of rust.
- Make the entry on process traveler card.